Fill out the form to get in touch
Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
It’s great the see the UK experiencing some early summer weather and everyone enjoying being outside, BBQs, days at the park and hitting the beer garden. The UK in the sunshine is amazing, but as we know it can’t last, so if the recent warm sunny weather has reminded you how great it is to be in the sunshine and left you wanting more, it’s time to book and get ready for your summer holiday on the Costa del Sol.
They don’t call it the sunshine coast for nothing, with around 300 days of sunshine per year and rain almost unheard of between June and September. The temperatures have now settled into the mid to high twenties, with a night time temperature of around 16, plenty of bright sunshine and blue skies. This is the perfect place to hit the beach, let the kids play in the pool or at the local playground, dine alfresco and feel the sun on your skin.
But before you go, we have a few tips to help you get ready –
- Invest in a superlight case – If you want to save money and just take hand luggage, a really light case is your best friend and is usually made in the correct dimensions to fit in the overhead compartment no problem. Travelling with hand luggage can save you time as well as money, as you can get out of the airport and start your holiday even quicker!
- Put together a capsule summer wardrobe – You don’t need to take tons of stuff, especially if you’re staying in a holiday rental property, as you can do a wash while you’re there and they have beach towels and lots of the essentials for you to use. Check with the owners what they have, so you’re not carrying more than you need. You’ll need swimming things, some shorts, dresses, or cover-ups for the beach, a few pairs of comfortable shoes and some things for the evening. The key is loose fitting, comfortable clothes, not forgetting that the evenings can feel chilly after a very hot day, so bring a cardie, or a pashmina to make sure you’re prepared. We also recommend 100% UV sunglasses and a hat to protect your eyes and head from the sun.
- Plan Ahead – Enjoy researching what you’re going to do during your trip and as well as getting excited, you can also save money by buying tickets online in advance for attractions and waterparks. Look to see if there are any special events during your stay such as ferias or concerts, so you don’t miss out! There are lots of great websites which can help you plan from home, including the newly launched Things2DoMarbella which features the latest technology to help you enjoy your holiday.
- Look after your skin – The sun can be quite punishing on your skin, so before you go, make sure you exfoliate and moisturise so your skin is in great condition. When you arrive, start with a high factor sun cream, gradually working down to a lower factor, but never underestimating the power of the Spanish sun – red is so not a good look!
- Get ready for the beach – Here is Spain we are in the middle of operation bikini – fitness and healthy eating to get beach ready. If you want to feel more comfortable on the beach, give yourself plenty of time to start a healthy eating and exercise routine. Also, remember that your feet will be out of boots and into sandals so give yourself a pedicure so they are hot to trot.
To find out more about things to do and places to go, download our free Costa del Sol Holiday Guide, it’s the perfect tool to help you enjoy your next holiday to the full.
If you haven’t booked your holiday yet, what are you waiting for? The earlier you book the more options you’ll get for flights and accommodation. We’re expecting another record summer here on the Costa del Sol and the best holiday rental properties are going fast! But don’t worry we still have lots of great apartments, penthouses and villas with pools in the most popular locations. We have central options, peaceful locations and also stunning properties close to the beach – all perfect for a summer holiday to remember.