We’re romantics here at HolidayRentalontheWeb and adore making big gestures for the ones we love. There’s no better time to do that than Valentine’s Day and no better way than whisking them off for a minibreak.
You may not think of visiting the Costa del Sol this time of year, but it’s a great time to visit, as the great festival of “Carneval” is in full swing with parades, events and fun activities. Not only that, but there’s so much romance and passion here and some lovely things that you can do for that special someone. Here are a few ideas –
- Stroll down the seafront promenade hand in hand and sip Spanish champagne looking at the waves. Watch the sun set over Gibraltar and marvel at the outline of the Rift mountains of Africa visible in the distance.
- Treat yourselves to a gastronomic experience to remember in one of the Costa del Sol’s wonderful restaurants and gourmet markets. We have something to suit all budgets and tastes, from a delicious selection of tapas in a little bar, to a seven course taster menu in a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Visit the beautiful white villages inland from the coast, such as Casares, Ojen and Istan.
- Take in the culture at the incredible art galleries in Málaga, or simply enjoy shopping, eating and drinking in this incredible city.
- Discover the wines in Ronda by visiting the bodegas and enjoying wine tastings with the makers
If you are planning a romantic break, please let us know, so we can advise you on the best properties to choose. We can also arrange special treats for you, like champagne, chocolates and flowers on arrival, or get you a booking at the most romantic restaurants near your holiday rental.
Have a very happy and romantic Valentine’s and we hope to be able to make it even more special!
There’s no escaping Valentine’s Day, with cards, balloons, flowers and gifts starting to fill the shelves as soon as Christmas is out of the way. But if you haven’t decided what to do yet and want to avoid the clichés or do something very special, then why not whisk the one you love away from it all for some winter sun in Spain. This year 14th February falls on a Sunday, so it’s a great opportunity to go for a short break, from Friday to Monday. We have a range of holiday rentals available for short breaks, so please just ask to see the collection.
The Costa del Sol is a great place to spend Valentine’s Day, as it’s not so commercial or over the top as the UK, yet still feels very special. Many of the International restaurants put on special events for the night and you can see a list of great options for Valentine’s on the Costa del Sol on My Destination Marbella.
Alternatively you can create your own romantic moments. To help you create something really special, here are a few ideas (don’t worry, we won’t tell her you didn’t think of it yourself) –
- Picnic on the Beach – Sitting on the beach with a bottle of champagne or Spanish cava, ham, cheese, strawberries and chocolates with the sand between your toes is a very special experience and even better when it’s in February and so cold at home. This is a low cost, but very romantic experience, we’d suggest you go down there in the early evening and watch the sun go down.
- Take the cable car up to the top of Mount Calamorro in Benalmadena and enjoy the 15 minute ride and exceptional views from the top. Hide a bottle of fizz in your bag and find a secluded spot for a unique Valentine’s moment.
- Head to the slopes for a day of skiing in the Sierra Nevada and cuddle up in a cozy bar for a mulled wine. You can be down on the coast again for a romantic meal by the beach in Marbella – that’s pretty hard to beat for a very special someone.
- Go to a local market and cook a delicious meal to enjoy on your terrace. Then as evening draws in, snuggle up by the fire in your holiday rental, for a perfect evening away from it all.
We can find you the perfect holiday rental property to make the most romantic gesture or even pop the question. Contact us and let us know what you need and we can suggest a list of properties which will really impress, featuring heated pools, hot tubs, saunas, four poster beds and open fires, so you won’t leave anything to chance. Happy Valentines!
February is obviously the month for showing your love and a romantic retreat can be just the ticket to getting those sparks flying. The Costa del Sol is a great option for some winter sun, great food and atmosphere just a few hours away from the UK and almost all the restaurants put something special on. However, romantic getaways for other special occasions through out the year are just as enjoyable on the Costa del Sol.
For Valentines, the Manolo Santana Racquets club tends to put on a romantic dinner with live music and a luxury menu in a really nice environment, Suite at Puente Romano also do a special menu and have live music. If you’re staying in San Pedro El Rincon de La Sala is a good option for a special set menu designed for two, or if you’re around Nueva Andalucia then Nueva Campana have special menus too. Have a walk around your local area and you’re sure to spot something which suits, but if you are wanting to book for Valentines, make sure you book early as it’s a busy night!
Alternatively, you can turn your holiday rental villa or apartment into a love nest, simply pop down to the local supermarket for some delicious food and wine and some romantic candles and create your own special night to remember without having to venture outside.
If you want to treat your special someone to a romantic break, we can recommend the most suitable property for you, whether it’s a luxury villa which will win the most brownie points or if the perfect day starts on the golf course and ends in a stunning golf apartment we have something for you!!
If you are lucky enough to be spending Valentine’s Day on the Costa del Sol you are in for a treat as it is a very romantic place to be especially this time of year. In fact, many marriage proposals are made on Valentine’s Day in Spain.
Traditional gifts for Valentine’s Day in Spain are red roses, chocolates and cards but if you are looking for something extra special there are lots of great shops, jewellery stores and boutiques in Marbella and nearby Puerto Banus so you are bound to find the perfect gift.
Make your valentine feel a million dollars with a pampering beauty treatment at one of the local spas, or use Valentine’s Day as the perfect excuse for a relaxing couple’s massage! You can even find holiday homes with their own Jacuzzis’ and saunas if you are looking for a touch of luxury.
The beaches are not crowded so you can take a relaxing stroll along the promenade, stopping by a chiringuito or two for a drink and bite to eat with the blissful sound of the Mediterranean in the background. When the sun sets on the Costa del Sol it’s a breath taking view from the beach or mountains and a perfect setting for this romantic day. It’s no wonder so many couples get engaged and married here! If you want something more active to do, you could spend the day horse riding together or go skiing for the day at Sierra Nevada ski resort which is only a few hours’ drive from Marbella.
Many of the top restaurants book up quickly but don’t worry if you haven’t reserved as there is a large selection of great restaurants to choose from or you could even whip up a romantic meal for two at your holiday home! You can stock up the fridge with all your favourite foods which you will be able to find at local supermarkets such as Iceland, Supersol, Carrefour and El Cort Ingles and have dinner and drinks under the moonlight in the privacy of your holiday home. All our holiday homes come fully equipped with everything you need to wine and dine, but if you have any special requirements, just let us know.
HolidayRentalontheWeb can also arrange for you to have chocolates, roses and chilled champagne on arrival so you can spoil your loved one with first class, hotel style service. Visit our website for more details and to view holiday homes on the Costa del Sol or call 952 839 595.