Fill out the form to get in touch
Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
Casares is a stunning white village in the hills inland from the Costa del Sol. It is a wonderful place to visit and a village that we really love, here are five reasons why you should be planning your next holiday to Casares.
- It is charming and pretty with an old fashioned Spanish vibe – It is just a short car ride from the bustling town of Estepona, but arriving in Casares is like stepping back into time. The beautiful village is built around and on a rocky outcrop, with the houses clinging onto the rock and steep paths winding up the hill. People looking for the “real Spain” but within easy reach of the coast’s facilities will love it here.
- The countryside is gorgeous and it is ideal for hiking and birdwatching – Nature lovers will be delighted by the unspoilt countryside all around Casares. The village sits in the Sierra Bermeja natural park with volcanic mountains (now extinct), unique flora and fauna and native pine forests which are not found anywhere else in the world. The area is protected and perfect for hiking and spotting amazing birds of prey, which nest in this natural paradise. It has varied countryside with rocky outcrops, rolling plains, valleys and rivers, so it is a great base for a walking holiday.
- There are lots of sites to visit – Within the village itself you can visit ruins of an impressive Medieval castle perched high on the rock, a lovely church and chapel, the birthplace of the father of Andalusian nationalism Blas Infante and the cultural centre which has been named after Casares’ famous son. In the surrounding countryside you can visit Roman baths and see an impressive aqueduct dating back to this period. History and nature lovers can also visit the ruins of the Roman city of LACIPO founded in the 2nd century BC, admire the impressive town walls and admire stunning views across the countryside.
- The restaurants are amazing – In recent years, Casares has established itself as a gourmet destination, with lots of amazing restaurants popping up in a small area. There are many different ones to choose from, but we particularly like Arroyo Hondo, The Forge and Venta Garcia.
- You can try out the new zipline – Thrill seekers must try the newly opened zipline, which connects the El Chaparral viewpoint with the village below. The zipline runs for 300 meters above the valley and gives you a 30 second adrenaline filled aerial tour of Casares. It is now open to the public at the weekends and costs 12€. Find out more
If Casares sounds like the perfect holiday destination for you, we have a great holiday rental property for you. This 3 bedroom townhouse in Casares has 3 bathrooms, a spacious and well equipped kitchen, dining and living area and a terrace with panoramic views. It is situated in a charming urbanisation, inspired by the traditional style of the Andalusian white village, which boasts a shared swimming pool and underground parking. All of the bedrooms are ensuite, so this is a great property for a group holiday.
Please contact us if you have any questions about where to spend your next holiday, the Costa del Sol really has something for everyone!